Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shaking Things Up

I've always wanted to make my "old faithful" baby blanket and slip a cute or whimsical ribbon through it.  I always chicken-out and do the standard satin ribbon because it just looks more elegant.  Well, I was making this blanket for a 2nd baby.  The parents are also really fun people.  I just figured they had all the simple, elegant blankets they needed.  So, I just decided that I'd go ahead and try my cute, whimsical ribbon like I've always wanted. 
This is for a little boy.  It's a red ribbon with white stitching.  I think it turned out really cute! 
This is also the first time that I didn't get a blanket finished before the baby arrived.  :(  He came about a week and a half early.  So, when I realized that I couldn't finish it before his birth, I got a little lazy.  Ok ... A LOT lazy.  But, I figure it's really hot right now.  He doesn't need a blanket.  And, it's a really big blanket.  To be a baby blanket, it's huge.  It would almost cover a small adult!  He'll still be small (7-9 months depending on when the weather finally changes around here) when it cools off.  They'll use it more, closer to the end of the year.  So, I'll gift it to them the next time I see them. 



No comments: