Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Angel of the Southwest


I made this project for my husband before we were married. He was really "in to" southwest decor at the time. It turned out really pretty. There are gold metallic threads used in the halo and wings to give it a "heavenly glow".

I don't remember what year I made this project. I do remember that it took me quite a while to complete. I was still pretty new to larger cross stitch projects at the time. I usually made small ones.

This pattern is available in a book titled "Cross Stitch Angels". It is available from American School of Needlework. (Kooler Design Studio)

This photo is not very clear. It is an older project and it has been framed for a long time. I could not take the photo in full light or use a flash because the lights reflected in the glass.

No comments: